Monday, January 7, 2008

What Causes change?

These are my thoughts on this question:

The cause of Change is time. As time goes by, everything changes, however slightly. Rocks get slowly eroded and are slightly affected by things such as animals moving over them. Our bodies our in a constant state of change as time goes by for better or worse. Our blood is constantly circulating, and we also move our bodies. Trees and all animals live in a repeating life cycle of constant change as time goes by. They are born, grow and die. However slight change occurs, it cannot be stopped as time goes by. It could be as little as wind on your face or as significant as growing 2 feet. There is no way to stop change as time goes by.

~Kyle~

8 comments:

David said...

I think that what you said is completely true. I never thought about it that way. I was thinking way to complecated when the answer is actually quite simple. Great answer:)

Ender said...

Yeah, now I get it. Surroundings cause change. Good point. But does that cover the chemical changes?

amanda said...

This is a really good point, as david said, it makes the whole topic seem a lot simpler. But it takes more then just time to make change too, right? Time cannot stop change though, which is a good point.

Anonymous said...

Circle of life type thing, I like it. Animals are constantly changing, yet sort of staying the same (so long as humans don't interfere too much.) Cats eat mice, lions eat deer (or whatever it is that lions eat) which causes a change in the animal community - and yet keeps things the same because the same animals have been eating the same other animals for years. I hope this makes sense, I'm kind of tired.

Rob said...

I really like your idea of time. It covers a very large basis of things including physical and mental changes, but as troy said it doesnt cover chemical changes.

Luke VanGeest said...

O wonder if you checked out some people's blog before your post kyle but w/e nice job on the whole surroundings thing

Smeber said...

Though time simplifies it a lot I don't think it really explain it. People grow over time not because of the time but because there body is gaining more nutrients and allowing its cells to multiply. But if you took away the nutrients and all you have left is the time the body will not grow. So time does not really explain anything it is just what happens in that time that causes the change.

Chelsey said...

great idea i wonder where it came from (wink wink). great examples though they made so much sense. exept for one thing that i agree with troy on here's what he commented when i thought time caused change, "Yes, time, I think, alone does not change things. Take a diamond for example. Put it in a sector of space without radiation, light, solar wind or anything. Also, where there,s no gravity pulling it or heat pushing it. It would do nothing. It would not move, expand, contract, erode, reflect light, or anything. But time would go by. Time alone would not change it." this wasn't written for you but i would still have to say it's pretty true. i also agree w/ what yunus in his last comment on your post. ide like to back him up by saying that sometimes growth comes through change and causes change. in the end time is more like one of the reasons why change can occur and one of the things needed since it is inevitable but it still does not explain very well WhAt CaUsEs change. but you did make quite a few very good points.