Monday, January 14, 2008

Global Warming

Overall, I think global warming is just part of a natural cycle and is probably not affected for the most part by greenhouse gases. Also I have no idea how people can call something "Global Warming". How do you manage to find a "Global Temperature" and find a rise in it? Is there any way to find the temperature of every single place on earth at the exact same time and compare it to another average? Have we had the technology to do that 10 years ago or even now? It would be nearly impossible to say that there is a growing global temperature. The same thing could be said for surface temperature. How can we find the "surface temperature" of the earth. I have also heard that some generations ago the press was talking about global cooling. This could have been a bunch of junk or it could be just part of a temperature cycle. From most of What I have read it does not seem to be any real threat. It seems the press is blowing it way out of proportion and politicians are using it to their advantage. Most articles seemed to say that greenhouse gas emissions hardly affected the atmospheric temperature let alone the surface temperature. It seems there is more to this "Global Warming" thing than that.

3 comments:

BVoight said...

KdF, maybe this is just part of a natural cycle but what if it isn't? I think people are starting to catch on to negative assertion of "global warming" and are changing their terms to "Climate Change." Does this change is terminology affect your opinion. Why might they change their terms? Besides, what do you say about the rate of warming. Sure, natural cycles exist but some say we are speeding them up.

name said...

I like how you point out the fact "how can you really find global temperature." it is very true that it is hard and probably nearly impossible.

Chelsey said...

to back up what you said about global warming being part of a natural cycle rob said, "...global warming and global cooling are just cycles. In the 1930s it was global warming, in 1960s it was global cooling, in 2000 its global warming again. I dont think that global warming is caused by human emitions..." and becca said "...global warming is just a part of the earth's natural phases. If you think about it how did the ice age happen and then melt if it wasn't just part of the earth's phases." i suggest reading both of all of their posts since it sounds like you all agree.